Miriam Al-Fatah on Libya and Qaddafi
TRIPOLI, Jan. 18 (Xinhua) — The National Defense and Security Committee of the Libyan eastern-based House of Representatives on Thursday condemned Italy’s decision to deploy more troops in the city of Misurata.
“The National Defense and Security Committee condemns the clear violation of Libya’s sovereignty by Italy through the Italian House of Representatives vote to approve the increase of its forces in Misurata,” the committee said in a statement.
“With this vote, Italy admits the presence of its forces, despite its previous denial of any troops on Libyan territory,” the statement added.
The committee warned Italy against “continued violation of Libya’s sovereignty,” and demanded explanation from Italy.
The Italian parliament on Wednesday approved the increase of Italian troops in Libya.
Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni said earlier that Italy will transfer part of its military units from Iraq and Afghanistan to North Africa to combat illegal immigration and counter terrorism threats.
In September 2016, the Italian government sent a non-combat military mission, which includes about 100 special forces personnel, at the request of the Libyan UN-backed government to Misurata, some 200 km east of the capital Tripoli, to provide protection for the Italian field hospital inside Misurata air base.
The CEO of Afriqiyah Airways Abu Bakr Al-Forteya resigned Monday and blamed the Presidential Council for the clashes that rocked Mitiga Airport in Tripoli and the consequent deaths, injuries and damage.
The CEO’s resignation came in a phone call interview with a TV channel, where he said the attacking brigade that wrecked havoc in the airport was part of the Presidential Council’s Defense Ministry.
“The Presidential Council enabled a parallel legitimate executive department to surface on the scene.” He added, saying the Libyan judiciary ruled three times for his favor and adding that the PC’s executive department violated the methods used by the airliner regarding distributing planes to Libyan airports to avoid danger, citing Monday incident when “all planes came under fire.”
“Foreign Minister Mohammed Sayala and the PC are involved in corruption contract with Airbus worth 3.7 billion dollars and Afriqiya Airways under my watch was trying to stop this contract but those officials kept it going by enabling a parallel executive department, which did not move along regarding the deal.” Al-Forteya explained.
He added that Sayala disregarded the verdicts ruled for the airliner’s current executive department and prevented making them public, saying “Libya’s judiciary is corrupted.”
“We are now left with one airplane from the whole Afriqiyah Airways fleet as the others were hit by the clashes and the repairing works need a long time as we have to talk to the manufacturer company.” He said, adding that the PC and its parallel executive department for the airliner tried to bring all the Libyan planes from abroad but failed as Libya was checked unsafe by insurance companies.
The PC, he added, cannot secure the airliner’s staffers against any harm such as arrests and kidnap, saying three of the staffers were abducted and the last of whom was an employee heading to a meeting in Tunisia.
“They never appeared before court or any investigation bureau, and the reasons behind their arrest were not announced. The PC never replied to our questions regarding those employees.”
Afriqiyah Airways suspended all flights from Mitiga and Misrata airports on Monday following the damage that hit most of its planes during the clashes in Mitiga airport.
APPROXIMATE ENGLISH TRANSLATION VIA GOOGLE
VERY BRIEF SUMMARY OF CRIMES
On Friday, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Bahrain listed 59 individuals and 12 entities linked to Qatar on its banned terrorist lists, including five Libyan nationals who, since the counter-revolution that destroyed Libya, continued to play suspicious roles in Libya and contributed to the continuation of chaos, promoting the division of the country with Qatari support.
Ali Mohammed Mohammed Al-Salabi
Belongs to the Muslim Brotherhood, a Salafist Libyan preacher, has a good relationship with the leaders of the Libyan Fighting Group, which contributed to the dialogue between the group and the Libyan state, ending in the release of members of the fighting group from Libyan prisons.
He has long lived in Qatar and holds dual nationality, and is a member of the Qatar-funded Union of Muslim Scholars.
Called Ali mamed mamed asalabi in Libya – ” a man of Tamim in Libya” or “Al – Qaradawi to Libya,” he was marketed by Guenah aldzerh as the spiritual father of the Libyan counter- revolution. Defending its interests he often appeared on Al – Jazeera, sometimes as a sheikh, and sometimes a political analyst, sometimes as a military analyst.
Abdul Hakim Belhadj
He is described as a patron of Qatari interests in Libya. He is one of the most prominent leaders of groups indirectly associated with al-Qaeda , a former al-Qaeda terrorist and LIFG leader who took part in the war in Afghanistan.
The LIFG was founded in Libya in the 1990s, a jihadist organization formed by Libyan elements returning from fighting in Afghanistan.
He was arrested Abd gam hadj in Malaysia in February 2004 by the passport and immigration office under the alias, Almkhabrat alomirkah , then deported to Bangkok for interrogation by the CIA, and then deported to Libya on March 8, 2004, where he was imprisoned in Abu Salim prison for six years, before his released in March 2008.
After the counter-revolution that toppled Libya’s socialist government, Belhadj soon became a billionaire. He headed the Watan Party and assumed the role of commander of the military junta in Tripoli. He founded the Wings Aviation Company and owns several planes that provide dozens of flights daily between Tripoli and other countries.
After several countries cut ties with Qatar, Belhadj expressed his absolute sympathy with the State of Qatar, and expressed his contempt for what he saw as an unfair attack on the Libyan contras.
Is an Irishman of Libyan origin, commander of the Tripoli Brigade in Libya, a former assassin in Kosovo and Iraq . He lived in Ireland for 20 years and came to Libya at the beginning of the 2011 counter-revolution. He led the Tripoli rebel battalion against the Libyan armed forces in 2011, paving the way for the National Transitional Council to enter the city.
Mahdi al-Harati was the first to come to Syria to fight alongside the terrorist groups. He founded and led the militias of the Umma Brigade, which included Libyan and Syrian fighters.
Ismail Mohammed Al-Salabi
Commander of the February 17 battalion, he has deep ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and is one of the most dangerous terrorists in Libya. He was converted to takfiri ideology at an early age and fought in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria and Libya.
Ismail al-Masalabi is currently the commander of the “Benghazi defence brigades” which have also been included in the terrorist list. They are linked with al-Qaeda and al-Qaeda organisations which fought the Libyan army in the Crescent region a few months ago.
Many call him “the bat of darkness” in Libya because of his secret meetings and movements with suspicious parties, and he was closely associated with Qatari intelligence chief Ghanem al-Kubaisi, who is considered the first man of Qatar in Libya and supported by money and weapons.
Sadiq Abdul Rahman Ali Ghariani
Nicknamed Libya’s “Mufti of Terrorism”, issued fatwas to incite fighting and bloodshed in Libya. Al-Qaeda has on several occasions valued his positions on events in Libya.
Judicial annexes by the Libyan House of Representatives, held him responsible for the murderous bloodbath in eastern Libya, and called on the Court of International Tribunals to investigate his involvement in war crimes.
LIBYAN REVOLUTIONARY COMMITTEES MOVEMENT
ORIGINAL STATEMENT IN ARABIC:
بيان مؤتمر القوى الوطنية لأنصار النظام الجماهيري حول تصريح رئيس بعثة الأمم المتحدة للدعم في ليبيا
Statement by the Conference of National Forces of Supporters of the System of the Masses on Remarks of the Head of the United Nations Support Mission in Libya
The National Forces noted recent comments of Dr.Ghassan Salama, head of the United Nations Support Mission in Libya, in which he stated that he did not want dialogue with Dr. Saif al-Islam Qaddafi, who represents the supporters of the system of the masses at home and abroad, on the pretext that he is wanted by the International Criminal Court.
The National Forces are surprised by the issuance of such a statement by the delegate of the international community, which was entrusted with contributing to the resolution of the Libyan crisis by facilitating dialogue between parties, which was reflected and expressed by the three-phase plan approved by the international body and considered a frame of reference for the political solution in Libya.
We emphasize that this latest statement is not in keeping with the path that has been set forth to resolve the Libyan crisis. Rather, he is adopting an approach that deepens the gap between the sons of one nation, because it impedes the rapprochement between them that would end the tragedies that Libyan people suffer every day.
Such a statement supports the continuation of isolationism and exclusion that led to the destruction of the Libyan state, the rise of armed militias, organized crime syndicates and the spread of armed terrorist groups throughout the country.
The National Forces of Supporters of the System of the Masses call upon Dr. Ghassan Salama and the United Nations Mission to distance themselves from all parties and to take full responsibility for conducting dialogue between parties without discrimination.
The National Forces of Supporters of the System of the Masses Emphasize and Declare:
The International Criminal Court has placed a sword on the necks of developing countries to force them into political positions that serve the interests of colonial nations. Dr. Saif al-Islam al-Qaddafi does not care about accusations made by a court which Libya is not a signatory to. Based on political differences, not legal ones, even countries that frequently use the International Criminal Court as a weapon and instrument of colonial subjugation, have not signed its charter to date.
The Libyan people are free to define their options, as are other peoples who on numerous occasions have chosen leaders facing various politically motivated bogus charges issued by the ICC.
Dr. Ghassan Salama’s statement is entirely based on the logic of exclusion, which will not contribute to a solution or a just political settlement because it is rooted in a lack of a understanding and inaccurate diagnosis of the Libyan situation. This is especially inappropriate from the head of the United Nations Support Mission in Libya who was assigned the task of conducting dialogue with all parties to reach a satisfactory solution for all.
This negative approach will not affect the will and determination of the Libyan people looking to save their country through positive interaction with the upcoming electoral station in 2018. Therefore, we call on our people to respond by continuing to register in the voters register to choose those who represent the real interest of the Libyan people.
The Libyan people are the first and the last to determine the future of their country. Therefore, while they welcome the supporting role for a just political settlement, we do not accept foreign dictates.
The Conference of National Forces of Supporters of the System of the Masses continues to expand its work, activate its popular bases and spread the culture of legitimate peaceful struggle until the goodwill of Libya triumphs over all foreign agendas and conspiracies.
Issued on 28/12/2017
Conference of National Forces of Supporters of the System of the Masses