What you do not know about Libya!
I am ashamed that my knowledge of my heritage was so insufficient and I am sure that most Libyans do not know our history…. Below is some information of who we are and I AM PROUD TO BE A LIBYAN WITH SUCH HISTORY, it’s a shame that the 200,000 expatriates who begged NATO TO bomb us did not respect or heritage and our history.
1. Did you know that Libya’s name means the country hills ???
And the age of Libya is more than ten thousand years
2. Did you know that the title of Libya was called on the entire continent of North Africa? From the West Nile, Morocco to the borders of the Atlantic !!!!!!
3. Did you know that there is in Libya, the largest Roman city in the world, to the city of Leptis Magna? It is not like the ruins of the city of Jerash in Jordan or Carthage in Tunisia !!!
4. Did you know that there is in Libya, the largest Greek city in the world and is the city of Cyrene? It is also a list of the city, not the ruins !!!!
5. Did you know that the most expensive in the world mosaic found in the Museum of Tripoli in Libya, which is dated back to the Roman era?
6. Did you know that there is in Libya’s largest collection of drawings in North Africa and the Mediterranean ??? It is in the Acacus Mountains age more than 10,000 years old !!!
7. Did you know that in Libya, the oldest city in the world built-in the desert? It is the city of Ghadames !!!
8. Did you know that the Greeks were taken from Libyan idea tow vehicle animals? This said, the Greek historian Herodotus, alias Abu history “of Libya comes the new” !!!!
9. Did you know that there is in Libya five areas considered cultural property of the world Bojma by UNESCO, namely: Sabratha, Leptis Magna, Cyrene, Ghadames, Acacus?
10. Did you know that the oldest mummies are mummified mummy Libyan child ((and Mohi Jean)), situated in the Red Castle Museum in Libya, which is proving that mummification was in Libya, Before Egypt mummified their Pharaohs? The oldest Egyptian mummy is approximate 2600 years old while the Libyan child is 5,500 years !!!!!
11. Did you know that first broke into the jungles of Africa are a group of young Libyans? Herodotus tells the father of history that a group of young Libyans are the first to burst into the jungles of Africa has Herodotus record in his Libyan trip to Africa since 2500 and have registered at the time they had witnessed Views
12. Know that the Roman dress transferee from the old old Libyan dress? Libyan outfit reminds Aatnaws in writing ((passages of civilization)), which was printed in 1965 that the Roman dress transferee meaning it is taken from the ancient Greek dress and Greeks Move cloak or inventory for Libyan ancients and inventory dress a Libyan aged over 2,500 years
13. Did you know that the Greeks transferred from ancients Libyans abaya, which dates back to thousands of years BC?
14. Did you know that the Greek women have taken the choice of dress from Libyan women mentioned by Herodotus in his book that the top and shield Athena has transferred the Greeks for Libyan women and this dress, which moved the Greeks from the Libyan women is a long dress wraps the body and that hold the shoulders girded relics and damaged around its center and is known in Libya in the name of ((evil))
15. Did you know that the Libyans were the first who invented fashion there was a tribe of which their hair was in the form of a rooster known and others raise their hair on the right side of the head and shave the hair on the left side?
16. Did you know that the philosophy originated in Libya and was the first philosopher a Libyan origin and not Greek? Had stated, “Diogenes” in his book “Life of Famous philosophers“ that philosophy originated in the East and not in Greece, He said that the most famous philosophers of ancient Libya called the “Atlas“ and said, “Diogenes” that Plato’s dialogues famous was a quote from Arsersan Khel Korana Libyan.
17. Know that the first novel written in the history of Libya which is the novel Metamorphoses “The Golden Ass” by Libyan philosopher Apuleius (although its stated that he was a Roman born circa ad 123 in Libya)????
18. Did you know that the first time used the famous Romanian wagons were in the desert of Libya in the Ghadames ????
19. Did you know that largest Greek cemetery in the world is located in Libya and specifically in the city of Cyreneis one of the fourth century BC ????
20. Did you know that in Libya, the largest Roman theater in North Africa and the Middle East the city of Theater which is Leptis Magna?
Post it and be proud of your country, and not belonging to Qatar and UAE which came to life after the WWI