CIA ‘running arms smuggling team in Benghazi when consulate was attacked’


CIA ‘running arms smuggling team in Benghazi when consulate was attacked’

The CIA has been subjecting operatives to monthly polygraph tests in an attempt to suppress details of a reported US arms smuggling operation in Benghazi that was ongoing when its ambassador was killed by a mob in the city last year, according to reports.

CIA running arms smuggling team in Benghazi when consulate attack: The U.S. Consulate in Benghazi is seen in flames during a protest by an armed group in this file photo taken September 11, 2012.

The U.S. Consulate in Benghazi is seen in flames during a protest by an armed group, September 11, 2012. Photo: REUTERS

By 

Up to 35 CIA operatives were working in the city during the attack last September on the US consulate Annex that resulted in the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, according to CNN.

The circumstances of the attack are a subject of deep division in the US with some Congressional leaders pressing for a wide-ranging investigation into suspicions that the government has withheld details of its activities in the Libyan city.

The television network said that a CIA team was working in an annex near the consulate (there is no consulate) on a project to supply missiles from Libyan armouries to Syrian rebels.

Sources said that more Americans were hurt in the assault spearheaded by suspected Islamic radicals than had been previously reported. CIA chiefs were actively working to ensure the real nature of its operations in the city did not get out.

So only the losses suffered by the State Department in the city had been reported to Congress.

“Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency’s missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations, according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency’s workings,” CNN reported.

Frank Wolf, a US congressman who represents the district that contains CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, is one of 150 members of Congress for a new investigation into the failures in Benghazi.

“I think it is a form of a cover-up, and I think it’s an attempt to push it under the rug, and I think the American people are feeling the same way,” he said. “We should have the people who were on the scene come in, testify under oath, do it publicly, and lay it out. And there really isn’t any national security issue involved with regards to that.”

A CIA spokesman said it had been open about its activities in Benghazi.

“The CIA has worked closely with its oversight committees to provide them with an extraordinary amount of information related to the attack on US facilities in Benghazi,” a CIA statement said. “CIA employees are always free to speak to Congress if they want,” the statement continued. “The CIA enabled all officers involved in Benghazi the opportunity to meet with Congress. We are not aware of any CIA employee who has experienced retaliation, including any non-routine security procedures, or who has been prevented from sharing a concern with Congress about the Benghazi incident.”

source: telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews

 

 

SOURCE: CIA Was Smuggling Weapons to Syrian Rebels During Benghazi Embassy Attack


SOURCE: CIA Was Smuggling Weapons to Syrian Rebels During Benghazi Embassy Attack

By Brad Michelson

obama, president, barack obama, hilary clinton, speaks, benghazi,

U.S. President Barack Obama makes a statement about the death of U.S. ambassador to Libya J. Christopher Stevens with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. (Getty Images)

According to the report, a nearly unheard of slew of polygraph testing has been conducted against CIA employees and on-ground assets with information regarding the attack, which resulted in the death of four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

Typically, the agency will only conduct one test over three or four years. Right now they’re subjecting these people to the tests one or twice a month. This rate of polygraph testing is rare, to say the least.

CNN’s source claims that this is a trend of intimidation that the agency is carrying out. In an exclusive communications in the CNN report, one insider writes, “You don’t jeopardize yourself, you jeopardize your family as well.” Another says, “You have no idea the amount of pressure being brought to bear on anyone with knowledge of this operation.”

A new source told CNN that there were “dozens of people working for the CIA […] on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.”

The source said that the number of assets was 35, and as many as seven were wounded. Some of those were injured seriously. Although the source did not specify how many of them were CIA, he or she did say that 21 American were working in a building called the “annex,” which is believed to be run by the CIA.

This lack of transparency has begun to concern members of Congress. This list includes Frank Wolf, whose distract includes Langley, Virginia, which houses the CIA headquarters. He has gone as far as alleging the government is involved in a “cover-up.”

“I think it is a form of a cover-up, and I think it’s an attempt to push it under the rug, and I think the American people are feeling the same way. We should have the people who were on the scene come in, testify under oath, do it publicly, and lay it out. And there really isn’t any national security issue involved with regards to that.” 

frank wolf, republican
U.S Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA) (Getty Images)

Wolf attempted to contact people were had close ties with people who had information about the event and wanted to talk. Then they stopped taking his calls.

“Initially they were not afraid to come forward. They wanted the opportunity, and they wanted to be subpoenaed, because if you’re subpoenaed, it sort of protects you, you’re forced to come before Congress.

Now that’s all changed.” Other reports of cover-ups and conspiracy theories have been emerging since the event last September. In May, Dick Cheney said that Obama is involved in a Benghazi cover-up. Also in May, Slate reported a “smoking gun” indicating a systemic administration cover-up. Some outlets have even claimed and presented evidence that Ambassador Stevens died in the attack “because Secretary of State Hillary Clinton ordered him there,” supposedly on purpose with prior knowledge of the attack.

source:  heavy.com/news

 

About these ads

Report: CIA moved missiles from Libya to Syria rebels


Report: CIA moved missiles from Libya  to Syria rebels

As investigation into the death of US ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans last September carries on, the CNN reported on Thursday that dozens of CIA spies were working in an annex near the consulate on a project to supply missiles from Libyan armories to Syrian rebels

The details of US government activities in Benghazi have since the incident been the issue of controversy with some Congressional leaders pressing for a wide-ranging probe into the attack and the secret operations of the CIA in the African city. 

“Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency’s missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations, according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency’s workings,” CNN reported.

Sources say more Americans were injured in the attack than what had previously been reported.

The CIA says it has been clear and open about its operations in Benghazi.

“The CIA has worked closely with its oversight committees to provide them with an extraordinary amount of information related to the attack on US facilities in Benghazi,” a CIA statement said.

This is while the CNN says the spy agency has made a huge effort to keep the secrets of its activities in Benghazi from leaking out. 

“I think it is a form of a cover-up, and I think it’s an attempt to push it under the rug, and I think the American people are feeling the same way,” Rep. Frank Wolf said.

source: www.zangetna.com/t74518-topic

Syria – Lavrov: the number of fighters from North Africa and Europe to Syria increases


Syria – Lavrov: the number of fighters from North Africa and Europe to Syria increases

Source: SANA

Syria - Lavrov: the number of fighters from North Africa and Europe to Syria increases

Moscow / Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that the Syrian opposition abroad n is not sensitive to the suffering of the Syrian people, and most of them live abroad.

In a press conference in Moscow, Lavrov stressed that the number of fighters from Syria to North Africa and Europe increases.

He did note that the holding of an international conference on the crisis in Syria is the only way to resolve the crisis, warning that the developments of the crisis in Syria threatens the stability of the entire Regin and contribute to the deepening differences in the Islamic world.

He said, on the other hand, the need to move away from unilateral solutions and dual criteria to invite all parties, including Iran, to the negotiating table of the international conference in Geneva.

Turning to the EU decision to not extend the embargo on arms exports to Syria, he said it stands obstacles on the way to the Geneva Conference 2.

He strongly criticized the draft agreement supported by the United States, the board of Human Rights intends to review today, saying it undermines efforts to end the crisis in Syria and undermines efforts Common made to hold the conference on Syria.

Tchourkin: the provision of S300 missiles to Syria help them face any military intervention

The permanent delegate of Syria to the UN Vitaly Tchourkin focused on the need to fix attention on a political settlement of the crisis in Syria, affirming his country’s refusal of any foreign intervention in Syrian affairs.

In an interview with CNN, Tchourkin stressed that the supply system S300 missiles to Syria to help confront any foreign military intervention in that country.

“Russia supplies Syria with weapons that help the consolidation of regional stability, according to contracts signed before the crisis, while others provide armed with weapons that help increase violence groups”, has noted Tchourkin adding that the S300 missiles are used against aircraft and not the country.

 

source: algeria-isp.com/actualites/politique-syrie


Libyan `Missing Persons Ministry` Admits Falsification of War Casualty Figures

From: Mathaba

The so-called ``Ministry of Martyrs and Missing Persons`` of the illegal occupation regime in Libya has admitted that only a few thousand of its `revolutionaries` died during the war against the Jamahiriya.

During the so-called revolution during 2011 when so-called `revolutionary` forces assisted by massive 8-month long NATO bombing of the country, 4,700 of the “revolutionaries” died and 2,100 went missing, according to official figures issued by the so-called Ministry of Martyrs and Missing Persons.

The admission of the low casualty rate among the pro-NATO ground forces which included Al-Qaida and other reactionary elements in a loose alliance, commonly known by the Libyan people as “rats”, replaces the figure in which they claimed that 50,000 of their alliance died in the war.

This brings the total number of dead in Libya during the war to below 100,000, with at least 50,000 of the pro-Jamahiriya forces, including a large number of civilians as well as military casualties, died. The figures by the “ministry” do not include the pro-Jamahiriya popular forces, also known as “loyalists” or pro-Qaddafi citizens.

Earlier the “rats” had revised their figure of casualties downward from 50,000 to 25,000 until the latest revision putting the total figure at less than 5,000. Propaganda including by so-called “reputable” western media including the BBC, CNN and other news networks, claimed that tens of thousands of “revolutionaries” had died in fighting, killed by pro-Qaddafi forces.

“I can’t tell you the exact figure but, as of now, the number of martyrs from the side of revolutionaries is in the range of 4,700″, said Duwadi, “deputy minister” of the ministry.

He claimed that the number of missing persons from both the sides (Qaddafi forces and so-called revolutionaries or “rats”) is around 2,100. We are working hard to finish the final numbers. It is very important for the reconciliation process as well, that we know the exact (total) losses.”

At the height of the conflict, the National Transitional Council estimated that 50,000 had been killed by “Qaddafi’s forces”, and now admits that the real figure is less than 10 percent of this number.